Hard water is sometimes trouble for our houses!It leads to various water problems using pieces of equipment installed at our homes and the water pipes. Healthwise, too, the hard water is troublesome, especially for the skin. If you have sensitive skin, then long-term use of hard water can lead to various skin related disorders. So, all in all, there are plenty of reasons to get rid of the hard water through various tricks, and one of such is using the best water softener.Let us discuss about what is meant by hard water and what are its effects.
What is hard water?
Hard water implies that the water is having a high level of mineral content, and it is formed when there is high deposition of chalk and limestone in it.The hardness of water is of two types:
- Temporary hardness
- Permanent hardness
What are the effects of hard water?
You need to know why you should employ the methods for softening hard water.The following are the general effects of hard water:
- Hard water produces less lather with the soap.
- In the plumbing, too, hard water forms deposits that cause clogging. This leads to a lesser flow of water through the pipes.This effect often leads to the failure of the boilers.
- Corrosion due to deposition of ions.
- In a water pool, the water becomes a bit milky or unclear due to the presence of hard water.
- Hard water may harm the plants as well.
- The clothes may become more yellowish in appearance.
Tips for treating hard water
Below are mentioned those tricks through which the hardness of water can be treated.
- Boiling the hard water makes the minerals get deposited at the bottom of the container.
- Treating it with lime and soda ash precipitates the minerals, which can be removed through precipitation.
- Adding sodium bicarbonate
- Water conditioners which are magnetic or electronic
- Polyphosphate feeders: Use the polyphosphate crystals dissolved in water and coat themselves around the minerals present in the water.
- Ion exchange in the best water softener: Simplest method to treat the hardness by removing the magnesium and calcium in the water.
To treat hard water, it is essential to know the level of hardness the water has. This is a guide that can help you to soften the hard water in your home naturally.