A healthy lifestyle is one of the most important things you can have. It helps lower your risk for heart disease and stroke, prevents certain cancers, improves your immune system, and reduces your chances of developing certain age-related diseases like Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s. And unlike many other aspects of health, it doesn’t require you to go under the knife or undergo invasive procedures that may affect you negatively in other areas. Follow these tips on gr8health.com.au/ to get started on living a healthy lifestyle today.
1) Eat breakfast every day
It’s important to eat breakfast every day because it helps you stay focused, energized, and mentally sharp. Starting your day with something nutritious also sets up your body for healthy living all day long. One of the best things about breakfast is that there are so many different options. Oatmeal with fruit, whole grain cereal with milk, or even eggs and bacon can be great choices for starting your day off right.
2) Eat more fruits and vegetables
– Eat more fruits and vegetables. Fruits and vegetables are high in fiber, vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and phytonutrients. They help maintain healthy digestive system and promote weight loss.
– Drink plenty of water daily (six cups). Drinking lots of water helps flush out toxins from your body while keeping you hydrated. It is also refreshing.
– Don’t eat too much salt or sugar as these can lead to high blood pressure or obesity.
3) Get active and exercise regularly
Get active and exercise regularly. Find an activity you enjoy, like swimming, running, biking, or hiking. And try to do it every day for about 30 minutes. As you get more fit and your endurance improves, gradually increase the intensity of your workout so that you are exercising at 60-80% of your max heart rate for at least 60 minutes per session.
4) Cut down on sugar and unhealthy fats
It can be hard to make the leap from eating unhealthily, processed food every day to healthy, whole foods. The good news is that making small changes can go a long way and get you started down the road of living healthier. Start by reducing your sugar intake and swapping out unhealthy fats for healthy fats like Omega-3’s.
5) Drink plenty of water
Drinking enough water each day is important for many reasons. It helps your body function, it can be a natural appetite suppressant, and it can reduce the risk of urinary tract infections. Plus, drinking water instead of other drinks like soda or coffee can help you cut down on calories. However, if plain water isn’t that appealing, try adding a slice of cucumber or lemon to infuse some flavor.