Whether you are working on pipes and fittings for residential or commercial purposes, you need to use quality materials. Before working on the project, preparing all the needed materials is a must. Pick the right size of pipes and fittings to make sure that you are working on the right ones. With this, it avoids mistakes and would not affect your budget.
Different types of pipes and fittings
Reece’s pipes and fittings offer different types of construction project needs, available and offered at the cheapest prices. Pipe fittings are numerous and can be confusing, especially if you have no idea of the installation or construction process. The materials may vary and these are designed for specific purposes. Although these are made precisely, still it seems a daunting task to figure out which one you need.
Here are some of the types of pipe fittings and their purposes:
- Elbows. It is used for changing the direction or angle of the pipe run. The sweep of the fitting shows how fast a change or transition in direction is made. It is most common in 90 degrees and 45 degrees turns.
- Reducers. It is used to join different diameters of pipes. It can make a moderate change in diameter.
- Couplings. It is used to join 2 straight pieces of pipes (in the same diameter).
- Street elbows. One end of the pipe fitting has female threads and the other has made threads. These are commonly used in copper pipes and galvanized steel. These are convenient, it works when needed for a nipple and works in tight quarters.
- Tee fittings. It is used for branch lines, shaped like the letter “T”.
- Unions. It is used to join pieces of pipe, perfect for replacement or maintenance.
- Bushings. It is used for making the diameter of smaller pipe fitting. It is different from the reducers as it makes an abrupt change in diameter and takes a little space.
- Caps. It is used for closing the end of the dead-end pipe.
- Adapter fittings. It is used for changing the end of the non-threaded pipe to female and male threads as required. It is most commonly used in plastic plumbing jobs and copper.
Pipes and fittings
Pipe fittings are connected to the pipe’s end, allowing various functions:
- Change direction
- Control flow
- Change the pipe’s diameter
Who does the pipes and fittings project?
Being an expert of pipes and fittings, you are aware of the sizes and measurements of these materials used for a particular project, repair, or repipe yard. These experts help repipe or repair gas lines and water lines.
When in need of pipes and fittings, see to it that you are picking the right product to avoid mistakes on the project to do.